PocketSHEAR products cleanly cut the metal steel unbounded tendon tails after post-tensioned concrete is formed, placed and stressed. After, PocketCAP can be used to seal the tendons, providing a protective cap for moderate to highly corrosive environment applications and delivering an additional level of protection against corrosion. Both tendon finishing product lines complement the Precision Sure-Lock pre-stressed and post-tensioning wedge and anchor lines currently produced by Enerpac.
“PocketSHEAR and PocketCAP products are valuable tools in the installation of post-tensioned concrete, for a broad range of applications such as buildings and bridges,” said Paul Hohensee, Commercial Marketing Leader-Americas at Enerpac. “Now, these products are backed by the proven Precision Sure-Lock brand, as well as Enerpac’s industry-leading expertise, pre- and post-purchase support system and global reach.”
Features of the PocketSHEAR:
- Offers battery and hydraulic versions, for cutting 0.5 in. (12.5mm) and 0.6 in. (15.2mm) strand sizes.
- Shears the tendon in the pocket, providing controlled tendon length without applying heat to the anchorage.
- Eliminates the need for hot-work permits on the job when cutting tendon tails.
- Provides quick and effortless tendon cutting with no risk of abrasive saw kick-back.
- Delivers a clean-cut end with sufficient space to facilitate gripping for lift-off, when required.
- Creates shear cuts that can be reliably sealed against corrosion with PocketCAP products.
— Enerpac, 972/287-2390, www.enerpac.com