Vulcan, Martin Marietta, Oldcastle remain top guns in aggregates output
- Published: Tuesday, 08 July 2014 16:14
- Written by Concrete News
Source: U.S. Geological Survey
The ranking of the top 10 construction aggregates producers remained the same from 2011 to 2012-the most recent year for which consolidated USGS data is available-except the nine and 10 positions, where the operators switched from the previous year's spots.
Agency staff provided Rock Products magazine this ranking of producers by 2012 sand & gravel and crushed stone shipments:
- Vulcan Materials Co., Birmingham, Ala.
- Martin Marietta Materials Inc., Raleigh, N.C.
- Oldcastle Materials, Inc., Atlanta
- Lehigh Hanson, Inc., Irving, Texas
- Cemex USA, Houston
- Lafarge North America Inc., Chicago
- Holcim (US) Inc./Aggregate Industries Management, Bedford, Mass.
- Carmeuse Lime & Stone, Pittsburgh
- Rogers Group, Inc., Nashville
- MDU Resources/Knife River Corp., Bismarck, N.D.