Source: GMI Global LLC, Larchmont, N.Y.
Organizers of AshTrade 2014, October 14-15 at the Houston Marriott North, have finalized an agenda catering to participants from across the coal combustion byproduct value chain—buyers, sellers, traders, end users—with presentations covering fly ash, bottom ash and synthetic gypsum.
Confirmed speakers include Separation Technologies Business Development Manager Scott Ziegler; ZAG International CEO Charles Zeynel; Tetra Tech Senior Vice President Sean Rome; CW Group Managing Director Robert Madeira; and, Nova Engineering & Environmental Business Unit Manager Kent Adkins. Among topics and themes they and fellow presenters will address:
- Regulatory challenges in the U.S. and evolving standards;
- Bulk handling technology solutions for trading ashes safely and efficiently;
- Beneficiation technologies and product management;
- Cement and concrete market outlook;
- How industry attains 100 percent fly ash utilization;
- Managing fly ash assets and environmental considerations; and,
- Innovation, marketing and green certification
Organizers have posted a preliminary conference program. The Houston gathering follows GMI Global’s AshTrade Europe earlier this year in Dusseldorf, where speakers shared technical and commercial presentations on cement markets, innovation, fuels, trading, grinding technologies, slag, waste heat systems, clinker cooling, materials handling, bagging, cement, and clinker additives.